Sunday 20 November 2016

Mosaic Monday # 17. Getting Crafty.


I've been a scrap booker for about eight or nine years and set up a separate blog called just scrapping about four years ago which has been sadly neglected of late.
The blog not scrapbooking!

I belong to a fabulous on line scrapbooking community "UK Scrappers" and have made many friends there, firstly on line and then at a scrap booking retreat last year in Bourneville, England.
I love to decorate tags and two of my favourite groups on UKS this past year have been the monthly Circle Journal tag swap hosted by Jill and the bi-monthly Chinese Whisper tag swap hosted by Elaine.

Jill provides a theme for the Circle Journal swap each month and we have to produce three tags of our own design to fit the theme.



When complete the tags are sent to Jill who then distributes them between us all, so 3 tags in and 3 very different tags back.

As you can see the themes are sometimes, but not always, seasonal.


The Chinese Whisper swap works a little differently.
It's all done by email,  a single tag to scrap lift every two weeks and that means that we get to keep the tag we made - it's a win-win.

Above are four of the tags that I made from prompts emailed to me by the person ahead of me in the circle.

The centre tag above is the one I chose to begin my circle, on the left my take on the first prompt, on the right my final tag of the round.
Both swaps have ended now but hopefully there'll be another CJ starting in the New Year.


18 comments:

  1. Such lovely tags. I used to do so much papercrafting years ago. Still have the supplies, so need to use what I have. Just added a tag to a gift I gave the other day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tags. I have been enthusiastic about crafting, crazy quilting, making doll house miniatures, dolls etc. But have got rid of all my stuff lately. I have switched over to reading - 130 books read this year :) How funny is that!

    Have a great week Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tags are very pretty, Maggie! I used to do paper crafting before I moved west. Now my hours are busy with family and grandchildren. I do hope to use many of my art and paper supplies with my grandchildren as they get older. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love your Newsprint Tags, dear Maggie, I thank you wholeaheratedly, I so love to begin my new week with your posts and link up, thank you for hosting me, as well !

    Sending blessings of joy on your Monday and on your days to come,
    I'm thinking of you with much love

    Xx Dany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tags! It looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these tags. So creative. My sister makes beautiful greeting cards. It is great to be involved in a "community" of like minded people, in person, or in your case on-line. Whichever, it helps us keep inspired to continue our craft. Have a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tag Maggie, looks like a fun craft. I used to have separate blogs as well, but found it too much to keep up so I combined them all into one and it is much easier to manage. We are having our first snow storm of the season so we are staying home today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What pretty things you've created! I love bookmarks and tags...they are so useful for so many things. The Nautical tags are my favs, they even have my favorite shell, the Calico Scallop. It is the most common shell at our favorite beach, Cape Canaveral and it's always fun to find. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those tag creations are just gorgeous! I especially like the nautical and the vintage ones, but all are pretty! Thank you for hosting Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are beautiful tags Maggie and I know a lot of time and effort go into creating them. I used to make all my own too back in the day when I was scrapbooking - I need to start again as I really enjoying that particular craft. The Christmas group will certainly be useful, and not too soon to have them ready for packages!

    Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed seeing your tags. All so different and lovely. Thank you for hosting and Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ironic that you post it because I just came upon two tags you sent me years ago the other day. Now they are on my inspiration board where they won't get buried. (For a long while, they were bookmarks!). These are all beautiful -- lots of diversity here. Tags are just my size! And useful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun to create these tags. Very nice to have a community to inspire each other, too. The little birdie told me one is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The tags are all so creative, what a good idea to share between friends. Thank you Maggie for Mosaic Monday 17.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all your adorable tags...so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful tags! I used to make them and yours inspire me to try again. I love how you have the challenges to make them on themes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your tags are beautifully made, Maggie, with so much detail and creativity. What a fun group to be a part of.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very impressive tags! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!