Thursday 15 March 2012

Quelle surprise!

QUELLE SURPRISE!


Recently I received a surprise in the mail.
A beautiful hand knitted woodland nest, a gift from the hugely talented Vicki who's blog 2 Bags Full is a wonderful place to spend some time.


There you will find more beautiful nests such as this one.


You may remember that I was able to acquire the last 2011 Christmas nest last December, so lucky as the waiting lists for Vicki's nests are very looooong!
Vicki also shares her love of travel on her blog, she just returned from a cruise and her photographs are always amazing.
However, whilst Vicki and her husband were away a community very close to theirs at home was almost completely destroyed by the terrible hurricanes which ripped through the area causing unbelievable devastation.
You can read more about what happened, on Vicki's blog, by clicking here.


As I did at Christmas time I created a small vignette of the nest alongside my vintage copy of Diary Of An Edwardian Lady.


As you can see the illustrated pages for May are perfect with the nest, how talented Vicki is and Edith Holden, the author and artist of DOAEL, was.

Linking this post to Mrs Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday where the lesson for today is the letter Q.
Jenny Matlock

16 comments:

  1. That nest is fantastic! Lucky you. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is beautiful Maggie. What a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful nest and a lovely composition with the book. The very best kind of mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little nest. Very nice surprise in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a little treasure! Your vignette is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How Beautiful Maggie! I LOVE IT! I'll have to check her goodies out... It has an Enchanting Eden look!
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maggie- I'm just starting my blog rounds- trying to catch up with precious friends--- the surprise is all mine! I had no idea that you were sharing your nest with friends!
    Your photos are fabulous- I am in love with the nest book. So perfect for the pictures.
    I hope your nest brings you much joy and lots of spring time smiles. Enjoy!
    Love
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Maggie...that's beautiful! And so nice of Vicki to send it to you. I'm going over to look at her blog right now.
    Happy St. Patrick's Day to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty nest! What are they made from? They are so unique with so many interesting colors.

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful! wonderful to receive such a grand surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maggie, this one is equally as delightful. Your vignette is perfect! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have that Diary, too! Love it!

    These nests are unbelievable -- I remember the other you showed -- I think that was the first I discovered you. This is such work! And stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maggie! That is soooo cool! I've never seen anything like that before and I love it!

    What a quite wonderful surprise.

    Thank you for sharing it with us!

    A+

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!