Saturday 15 October 2011

White Pumpkin Vignette.



One of my favourite blogs to visit is The Tablescaper.
She has such wonderful ideas, not to mention the china, pottery, accessories, linens and silverware collections that she owns.
Well, I guess the clue is in the name of the blog!
Although I personally don't "tablescape" (is that a verb?) I often find inspiration there for ways to decorate our home, especally at this time of year - Autumn.
A recent post featured a collection of gorgeous white pumpkins and brown ceramics, you can see it by clicking here.
Suitably inspired, I went "shopping", through my home, to create a fall vignette for the top of the wood burning stove in the sitting room.

I gathered together a large faux white pumpkin (TJ Maxx 2009), a white ceramic cake stand, rattan tablemat and faux fall wreath (Michaels 2009).


I added a tall lantern (a recent purchase from La Redoute), which I placed on a couple of hardback books for extra height, before lighting the "Cashmere" candle inside.
Then for added interest and texture, a log which I unearthed from the outdoor wood pile, "enhanced" with real horse chestnuts from the garden.


I really like how it evolved, however the chimney sweep called by the house on Friday morning to clear away any debris which might be blocking said chimney.
Soon there will be wonderful log fires to sit beside, with tea and books, so I think I'd better find a safer place to relocate this vignette to, very soon.

Joining The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays
and
Marty @ A Stroll Through Life for Tabletop Tuesday # 86
click on the links or sidebar buttons
 to see who else is particpating this week.

13 comments:

  1. A wonderful decoration!
    Have a nice weekend,
    Markus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely, Maggie. The Tablescaper is full of inspiration. I need to get some fall arrangements made for here. Ideas are churning. ;-)
    Thanks for sharing. ~ sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your old wood stove is beautiful...we have one at the lake and I love it. When we really have the fire going well, it glows!

    Your vignette is lovely! Very festive! The log looks perfect and those are some big chestnuts!! Well done, Maggie! :-)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once you move that pretty arrangement and light a fire in the stove you'll have the perfect fall surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so touched by your post and sweet comments! Love your vignette.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie
    I love your white pumpkin vignette.
    I love to decorate on my stove as well, but it's cooler now and I have to burn in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pumpkin vignette is beautiful! Love your wood stove and hearth Maggie, I'm looking forward to my first fire too:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty! And very elegant. I am totally in love with all of the spectacular new pumpkin varities and especially the white ones.(-:

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you've done a lovely job of tablescaping! And I love that old wood stove - I bet it keeps you cozy in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Maggie,

    Your wood stove looks sooo cozy -- I love it! Your Autumn vignette is so very seasonal and the log with the horse chestnuts gives it a perfect touch of the outdoors. We don't have chestnut trees in our area because they all succumbed to a blight the early part of the 20th century. So I've never seen a chestnut tree, but always wanted to.

    Thanks for sharing and Happy Seasonal Sunday to you!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely vignette Maggie. I love white pumpkins. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely vignette! Everything is just perfect. Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your beautiful pumpkin vignette. Using the berries around the pumpkin is so beautiful. Love it. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!