Monday 24 January 2011

US National Food Days

Yesterday we had fun at Jo Jo's Pie Party celebrating National Pie Day.

Like many of you, before I heard about NPD from JoJo, I didn't have a clue there was such a thing.
Well, thanks to good ole' google I have discovered that in the US every day is a "National something food" day.
Just look at the partial list for the remainder of this month that I found on the States Symbols USA website.
Click here for the link to the site where you can find out which particular food item is celebrated when.

January:

National Hot Tea Month
National Oatmeal Month
National Slow Cooking Month
National Soup Month

January 23 National Pie Day

January 23 National Rhubarb Pie Day

January 24 National Peanut Butter Day

January 25 National Irish Coffee Day

January 26 National Peanut Brittle Day

January 26 National Pistachio Day

January 28 National Blueberry Pancake Day

January 29 National Cornchip Day

January 30 National Croissant Day

January 31 National Popcorn Day


I just discovered that my birthday is National Chocolate Eclair Day!
How marvellous is that?
Roll on June!

Image courtesy of  fotosearch.com
What a great theme this could be for a birthday treat, I'll definitely be baking Mr B a Hazelnut cake this year.

Image courtesy of fotosearch.com
What's your National Day??

13 comments:

  1. Oh, Maggie, chocolate eclairs! I want to come for your party. When in Paris, I allow myself a mini chocolate eclair often, but for your birthday I'll eat one of the big ones. After all, it will be for YOUR birthday. LOL
    Have a great day. Celebrate food! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky old you- Chocolate Eclairs and you really are in the right country to sample the best. As for me looks like my birthday last Friday was a Granola Bar day. I will have a belated one! But really It's far to healthy for a Birthday treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea to celebrate your birthday with Chocolate Eclairs... "YUMMY", and what BETTER Place to get them than France, "LUCKY, LUCKY YOU"!!!
    Hugs to you,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fascinating that someone dreamt up all these pie days.... I'm up for the rhubarb pie and the blueberry pancakes.
    I'm sure the chocolate eclairs available here are nothing like the superb ones you will have on your birthday!
    Blessings,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...how lucky can you get, Maggie!! I LOVE chocolate eclairs! I wonder what mine is...I have a birthday coming up...

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I'm Artichoke Heart day, please can I swap with you ;-) Eclairs are my very favorite thing....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hah! My birthday is National Fritter Day. Too funny.
    That's a neat site, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, Maggie and I agree with Gay...although her day is much better than mine...our family celebration would consist of the unappetizing combination of French fried shrimp, potato chips, toasted marshmallows, spumoni, and whipped cream. I may just have to console myself with a chocolate eclair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh baby...I missed National Pie day??? Dang~it~to~thunder, I even have a calendar that gives me all the 'crazy' National days.

    Chocolate Eclair day on your birthday!!! Does life get any better than this???? What a way to go!

    Enjoy your day sweetie and may it be richly blessed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pie looks good enough to eat. I'm amazed that Americans have so many days dedicated to food. I wonder who decided what is worthy of being listed as a national day. Is there really one person whose job it is to rubber stamp a suggestion and make sure it gets published on the list of National Days? I suppose that person might have lots to talk about at cocktail parties. I wonder if this person is a volunteer or is he or she paid a wage? I'll have to look my birthday up just for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is too funny...I checked my birthday...Oct. 8th. and I am without a special food day...I am between National Noodle Day and National Dessert Day...LOL...
    So on October 8th. I think I will concoct my own
    "National Eat Anything you Want Today" day.......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey there, fellow food enthusiasts! I stumbled upon this fantastic blog while searching for information on US National Food Days, and I couldn't help but chime in with my two cents on the matter. Aintpayingful finding the best ingredients, cooking from scratch, and savoring every bite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. While National Food Days have become somewhat commercialized, they can still provide a wonderful opportunity to explore different cuisines, celebrate cherished flavors, and create lasting memories. frugalishness for anything less than a truly delectable experience!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!