Sunday 6 June 2010

A Rose by any other name...........


'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself.
Juliet's speech from Romeo & Juliet by William Shakespeare.
Linking this post to two of my favourite Monday Meme's:
Mary's Pondside Mosaic Monday @ thelittleredhouse and Tracey's Weekly Words to Live By @ Notes from A Cottage Industry where you'll find some excellent quotes to make you ponder on the way life is.

20 comments:

  1. Your flowers are lovely, I can almost smell the roses! ; )

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will have roses this year, and the deer will have none! The Rugosa roses are blooming already, against the hot wall on the drive, and the rose garden outside the dining room is full of buds - joy!
    Your photos make me long to smell the perfume and perhaps clip a couple to fill a silver bowl for the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, what a lovely way to start my Sunday morning! More soon in a note to you. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely. Oh my~I've had lots of catching up to do on your blog today! I did not leave comments on all the posts, but so enjoyed each and every one... XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful roses & lovely mosaic~

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't go wrong with Will S or Romeo and Juliet, or roses for that matter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the roses....thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this mosaic Maggie! Gorgeous roses...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such delightful blooms and mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great quote to go with your images. Shakespeare certainly was a gifted playwright and this was indeed a beautifully written but very sad play.

    Hope you have a fabulous week, Maggie.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah! I see roses grow well in Normandy! They look great in your mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a wonderful post with the quote to go with the collage.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, very lovely flowers. I hope that you have a wonderful new week!
    Hugs...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Maggie,
    You pictured a beautiful mosaic today. The flowers are lovely!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful flowers and mosaic, Maggie!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful--and I enjoyed the Shakespeare quote as well.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the comment on my mosaic! I love your roses and being a literature lover I really appreciated the excerpt from Romeo and Juliet. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely quote to go with your beautiful flowers. Wonderful mosaic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!