Wednesday 19 August 2009

Dejeuner au jardin..............................


Today I'm joining, for the very first time, the gracious hosts of both Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch hosted by Susan and also Foodie Friday hosted by Designs by Gollum.




The weather here in our little corner of Normandy has been perfect for al fresco dining this week.
I have just the spot to place a small wrought iron table and two chairs, sheltered from the breeze by an ancient stone wall and perfumed by the climbing wisteria which is still flowering so late in the season.


Relax and enjoy the view over the garden and I shall pour you a cooling glass of iced tea.




For lunch today I thought you would enjoy some locally cured jambon, a meltingly soft chunk of brie and pain de campagne still warm from the boulangerie.
Bon appetit.



A Waterford crystal jug holds a pretty bouquet of blue hydrangeas and wild flowers picked on my walk this morning.



On such a pleasant day the ideal dessert, a simple ripe nectarine warm from the sun served in a 1940's green pressed glass dish set upon a handpainted Quimper plate featuring a man and woman wearing traditional Normandy costumes.

If, like me, you love French pottery then you might also like this blog:
or you can click on the QCI Logo on the sidebar to go straight to the QCI website for a special membership offer.
I have so enjoyed your company at lunch today and I hope you'll come and visit Normandy again soon.












20 comments:

  1. J'aime bien tous! Les couleurs, les nappes, le repas, le jardin - c'est fantastique! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for crafting this beautiful post and sweetly presented tablescape. It looks like a delightful place to stop and chat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your setting. The French pottery is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie, your beautiful table looks like something right out of "Victoria" magazine. How we would all like to have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maggie

    I was also joining the tablescape for the first time today. I loved your lunch and would love to come again. Not too far to travel from the UK!! In fact just along the road to my house as there is a Normandy near Guildford, Surrey.
    Jackie.

    http://jackieslifeinsurrey-1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved everything about this tablescape! The outdoor setting (that stone wall! the iron furniture!), the dishes, everything is wonderful!
    Great job!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to TT! We're so glad you joined us with such a pretty tablescape - thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! I love the setting and your table.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maggie, such a lovely garden setting and a beautiful table set for alfresco dining ~ my favorite! Loved seeing the two little plates you got from me last October. Bon appetite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the beauty of the simplicity! I have learned what jambon is today (googled it :) I enjoyed my visit with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonjour Maggie,
    Congratulations on participating in your very first Tablescape Thursday event! Welcome to a fun event and to the company of a wonderful group of caring individuals.

    Your table setting is absolutely beautiful. It incorporates so many lovely things and exudes charm and romance!

    Thank you for stopping by. I hope our paths cross again very soon!

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful! Welcome to Tablescape Thursday and Foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome also to Foodie Friday. I am in love with your little dining spot, how beautiful and serene. Melting brie? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your first time on board and you have charmed me. Everything, from your tablescape to the food you served, was spot on. It must have been a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could make myself right at home here. Don't worry you don't have to move out, just shove over a bit. I will cook and clean up after myself.

    The brie, the pain, jambon ooh la la. Il est magnifique.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Maggie,

    I was in love with your table as soon as I read your table was against a wall with wisteria climbing. Oh, how fabulous. And how pretty the table is... Your offerings look beautiful on the tiered stand and I love the simplicity of the fruit atop the Quimper plate. How lucky your are to collect these.

    Happy Tablescape Thursday, (belated)... my friend!!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it all is so relaxing to view. I love the Waterford pitcher as a vase to hold those vibrant blues:) Thanks for sharing your TT with me today.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! What a beautiful setting! The french plates are beautiful. I have seen several in stores but never at the right price for me. I am sorry I didn't see you Teddy Bear Picnic earlier but it is so precious and just my kind of fun. My blog is Texas Tea Party and I love bears having tea,too. What a great blog, I will enjoy following it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!