Monday 20 April 2009

Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum, Savannah, GA.

During our trip to the US last month we visited the Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum located in Poller, GA. just minutes from downtown Savannah.
The Museum tells a compelling story of sacrifice, commitment and patriotism through exhibits entitled "Prelude to War", "Battle of Britain", "From Savannah to the UK" and the "Honoring of the Eighth Gallery".
The Museum's brochure describes it best:
"The Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum preserves for all Americans the stories of courage, character and patriotism displayed by the men & women of the Eighth Air Force from World War II to the present.
It's vision is to sustain our cultural heritage, support lifelong character education, and to be a center of Community engagement."
We certainly hope that we will be able to incorporate a visit to this great Museum during the Club's visit to Savannah.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    I found your blog from over at YMBD..And I just had to say hello because you have one of my fav museum's on your post..I live 15 minutes for the Mighty Eighth Museum and we love it I have a 10 year old son and we visit several times a year and he is looking forward to visiting there this summer to see the new plane that they are redoing:)So close but yet so far:)I hope you visit my blog when you have a minute!! I love YMBD and Cat and her wonderful scrapbook embellishments:)
    Have a great week!
    Cecile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, I enjoy reading your posts. I missed them while you were here in the states. I see from your book shelf that you are a fan of Philippa Gregory. I am too! I've read all most all her works. The CONSTANT PRINCESS is one of my favorites. Looking forward to more of your postings. Keep writing and scrapping!
    Hugs ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!